Friday, April 20, 2012

London Assurance ..

          
             London Assurance had its first performance in 1841 at London's Olympic Theatre, under the management of Charles Mathews and Madame Vestris. London Assurance has recently been revived at London's National Theatre, was one of the best loved playwrights by Queen Victoria.
Mathews himself performed the role of the wide boy Richard Dazzle, combining elegant languor with the deft delivery of a patterer.
             Returning to London to make my play come to life was wonderful. I was thrilled when Queen Victoria stated that she enjoyed my play. At that moment, I felt as if everything that I have ever worked for was paying off. I know that if the Queen watches my plays then I will get more persons at my plays. I cannot wait for my next play to be in the Globe Theatre !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment